How to customize the asset intake?
The asset intake section of the DecisionVault questionnaire allows your client to easily build up an inventory of their assets. On the attorney side, this information can then get exported to Excel.
The asset intake is built around a set of categories. You can edit and customize these by going to: Settings > Customization > [your questionnaire] > Assets > Customize.
How to customize the financial inventory - beginning to end
In the Asset Customization section you can:
- Change the instructions and prompts that show up at the top of the screen
- Change the title, field labels, and order of the categories
- Set which ones show up with an initial question and what that initial question should be
- Prompt clients to upload documents/statements for each category
- Preview how questions will look for your client
Customize Instruction Labels
Edit or customize the initial prompt, the general instructions and a warning for empty asset categories.
For each Asset Category you may edit the Settings and Questions, as well as a looking at a Preview of the category in the asset intake screen for the clients.
Asset Category Settings
From this section you are able to:
- Change the Order
- Edit the Title
- Enable and edit the Initial Question
- Enable and edit the File Upload Prompt
- Include/exclude the category in the Asset Inventory overall Net Worth
- Hide the category
Asset Category Questions
Some of these fields are fixed and will show up for each category:
- "Identifier" field (Policy Number in the above example).
- The prompt can be changed. For instance on the 'other assets' category the prompt is just "Description"
- "Owner" (Policy Owner in the above example).
- For a couple this will show "Person A, Person B, Jointly, Specify: ____"
- For a single person this will show "Person A, Specify: ____"
Then there are fields that can be turned on/off on a per-category basis:
- Positive Value - Amount that contributes to net worth (Death Benefit in above example).
- Negative Value - Amount that takes away from net worth (Loans Against Cash Value in above example).
- A future enhancement will be to tie this in further with the contacts known on the questionnaire, capture % etc.
Please note each category needs to have at least a positive or negative value field turned on to capture a number for that asset entry.
There are additional questions that can get added. This can be up to 3 questions, which can be either free text inputs, or dropdown selects. In the example below these are Company (text), Type (dropdown) and Insured (text).